- Part One: Build an app
Build a Help Center Search app
Downloadable Help Center app
Part One pdf
- Part Two: Work with the Zendesk API
Bulk Export and Delete Data using the Zendesk API
Downloadable API call scripts
Part Two pdf
On-Demand: Build an App and Start to Work with the Zendesk API
This course is a two-part introduction for developers who have existing developer skills but are new to the Zendesk platform. Part one teaches you how to build an app using our Apps Framework, and how to validate and upload it. Part two teaches you how to work with our API: You'll start by bulk export ticket data, then we'll move on to bulk deletion and restoration. We'll finish with monitoring rate limits and why it's important. In total, this course is a great introduction and is also a good way to prepare for many parts of the Apps I Certification exam. For both parts, we provide sample code so that you can be sure to follow our steps and our best practices.
- The time to complete this course is approximately 1.5 hours.
Suggested Prerequisites and Assumed Knowledge
- Our introductory course, The Zendesk Developer Platform, is the best place to start as a developer new to Zendesk.
- Developer skills: HTML, CSS, JS, browsers, debugging, asynchronous code
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the function of the app we'll build
- Learn how to use Zendesk Application Tools (ZAT)
- Build a Help Center search app, using external APIs
- Validate and upload your app
- Bulk Export Data
- Bulk Delete Data and
- Restore Tickets Monitor API Rate Limiting